No Products in the Cart
Meet our updated Sidekick Fire Starter - the perfect fire-starter for everyday carry.
It is not the largest fire starter we make but it will definitely get the job done in any survival situation.
• The Striker / Tinder Scraper: We've scraped the old serrated striker and included a larger, straight-edged striker, that makes it a lot easier to create some serious sparks. The straight-edged striker will also make light work of processing your tinder shavings.
• The Ferro Rod: We've increased the size of the previous rod. This rod now measures 1.57" (40mm) (L) x 5/16" (8mm) (W).
The larger rod makes it a lot easier to throw down some good-sized sparks. This rod will allow for 12,000 strikes. Imagine how many matches you would need to light 12,000 fires! The Forest Fundamentals Ferrocenium™ produces large showers of molten hot sparks at 3,000º C (5,500º F).
• Other functions: As this is an EDC tool, it was a top priority we squeezed a bottle opener in! The Sidekick Fire Starter includes a bottle opener and a 12mm hex socket bit.
• Aesthetics: As this is primarily an EDC tool, we wanted to make sure it looked good! So that it could be worn and shown off on a day-to-day basis! We have completely changed the shape to make it sleeker and to better fit the FF logo.
• The necklace uses 550 military-grade survival paracord that measures (dimensions). The necklace length is fully adjustable. The cord includes strands of copper wire, fishing line, waxed jute, and parachute cord. The cord has a range of uses in the field including repairing shoelaces, fishing, snares, shelter building, etc.
• The Sidekick Fire Starter is extremely lightweight, weighing only .... It is perfect for backpackers, EDC enthusiasts, or an outdoors person looking for a quality backup fire starter. You won't even notice it's there till you need it the most!
• Made from our unique blend of Forest Fundamentals Ferrocenium™, an industry leader - we believe we have developed the perfect balance between softness and durability.
What is a ferrocenium rod?
Ferrocenium rods or fire-steels are one of the most influential innovations in outdoor products. They are extremely reliable. Unlike matches or lighters, they very rarely break and do not require any fuel. They are 100% wind and waterproof and will light fires at any altitude, making them the perfect survival tool.
Fire steels are a blend of ferrocerium, a synthetic alloy that produces hot sparks due to a rapid oxidation process that occurs when you strike the rod. We believe our unique blend of Forest Fundamentals Ferrocerium™ is an industry leader. It produces showers of molten sparks. We have developed the perfect balance between softness and durability. There is a reason Forest Fundamentals has set a new industry standard for ferrocerium rods!
This would make the perfect gift for anyone that enjoys bushcraft or spending time in the great outdoors.
This product is extremely long-lasting and would make a unique gift to keep and remember!